Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cottage Impressions at Heart and Home

Hey ladies! Hard to believe, we're already starting a
new week. Here at Heart and Home the days have just flown by! Hope you're all doing well, that you had a great weekend, a wonderful Valentine's day, and that the days ahead are perfect for you in every way! Today I'm joining the party at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday. Cielo invited me to jump in, and I couldn't say no! (oops, looks like Cielo is taking a little break this Monday! Oh well...) I'm also joining Three or More Tuesday, at The Gypsy's Corner, because it seems like I have three or more of almost everything around here. Three or more examples of one of my favorite decorating styles coming right up! Thank you Tam!

Although technically this house is not a cottage, I do think there's a bit of a "cottagey" sensibility mixed in here and there.




I love the look of Vintage cottage.
 The metal shelf says "vintage tin ceiling" to me.


This small, smooth, soapstone heart conveys that cottage feeling.


  This framed French card contains memories and cottage greetings..

Hydrangeas are cottage flowers blooming on a candelabra.
.

Flickering candles provide cottage light!



 Tiny hearts in a shadow box send a cottage message:

 

.
 It's Cottage love!

  If you want to see more of this space go here.
I'll show you more of the cottage look around here in the coming weeks!
In the meantime, leave me a comment, tell me your thoughts!
What do you love most about cottage style?
Thank you Tam for hosting!

Remember, Wednesday Gratitude is every Wednesday. I'd love for you to join the party! MckLinky will be up by 6:00PM on Tuesday! Link up with us and show us what makes you smile and your heart sing!
Until next time!
XO
Heidi

9 comments:

Gypsy Heart said...

I love the photos and yes, the cottage feel. The colors are very pleasing and feel serene. Thanks for sharing!

xoxo
Pat

Claudia said...

I absolutely love the candelabra with the hydrangeas! Oh my gosh, it is perfect!

xo
Claudia

Nancy said...

Heidi: I have been over here a few times since Saturday, only to get pulled away before my comment was left. Quickly, I have Wednesday posted on my frig (and NOTHING gets posted on my frig unless it is REALLY special). I'm so sorry I missed the first two.

HPS, lovely items everywhere!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Heidi!

i just adore that white metal shelf! It is so perfect!

Denise Marie said...

Nice post! I think Cielo takes a break every once in a while. I'd love to join you for Gratitude Weds. I'll add your button to my blog to remind me.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Heidi...

Oooh...how very pretty!!! Love the cottage ambiance! I love, love, LOVE that beautiful hydrangea candelabra and the pretty lavender candles! They look lovely against the pretty blue wall color! And...I love your pretty heart shadow box!!! Sooo many pretties...thank you for sharing them with us!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Cass @ That Old House said...

A cottage is where you find it; it does not have to be a strict architectural cottage! You are achieving a lovely cottage look in your home.

I love the relaxed coziness of cottage. That style of decorating is what I grew up with in summer houses -- our own, and those of our relatives'. Used, casually slipcovered furniture, brass or rope beds or cots, painted tables and chairs (my Mom painted ours Schiaparelli pink and watermelon green!), painted floors --- it was not considered a decorating "style" then, just using what you had or could pull out of Grandma's attic. And a relief, a break, from your "real" houses, the winter homes.

So for me, cottage brings wonderful memories, too!
Cass

Carolyn Ford said...

Wow! So beautiful...and SO cute!

Beth said...

Very pretty, Heidi. I especially like the shadow box with the hearts! Hope you had a happy Valentine's Day; glad I could stop over to visit.