Thursday, July 30, 2009

A look at the heart of the home: the Kitchen!











I thought you might enjoy some pics of our remodeled kitchen. You can see part of my collection of vintage, made-in-Japan paper mache' trays, the curtains I made from old 40's tablecloths, and the bright, crazy orange wall color. (It's not really as dark as it looks in these pics. It's actually quite sunny and warm and wonderful.) I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.but I love it!! Oh, ya, what about that great old chandelier from England?! I had it in a box for about three years until I found the perfect place for it. It just needed a little Windex and elbow grease for it to sparkle like new. Still need to paint all the window trim, though. Not a fun project, which is why it's not done yet. I need to get on with it (one of these days).