Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Favorite Spot

The master bedroom:

Well, I thought the cute little table I'm working on would be done by now, but since it's not I thought I'd show you some more pics of the house. I'll start with my very own bedroom, and one of my favorite places in it: my "nap spot". It's where I catch my 20 winks in the afternoon, if I'm lucky and can spare the time. Boy, those 20 minutes really rejuvenate me! I remember my mom taking a little break every day, putting cucumber slices on her eyelids (she called them her "beauty treatment"), and her feet up. She would get up and just get going again afterwards, with so much energy. I've never had a ton of energy, but I do find that a little break in the late afternoon helps keep me going, too. Sometimes around 4:00 I feel like I'm just going to fall over from fatigue. UGH. I hate that. So off I go to my little spot, the girls know not to disturb me for a few minutes, and when I'm back upstairs I'm ready to roll again. (Just like my mom, only without the cucumbers. Although, she was really gorgeous, so maybe she had something there! As I get older, I'll take all the beauty help I can get!)
Here it is: my spot!
I love that lamp, it's carved alabaster, rescued from a junk shop.

Lavender candles help me relax


And here's our comfy, tall bed, dressed in summer linens


Nice!






8 comments:

Sara said...

Heidi i just love,love what you did with your master bedroom. It's so chic yet totally 'lived in'. Especially your little reading area : )

Karen said...

I found you through Ruby Tuesday and am just enjoying your pictures. Love the summer bed linens. I like to change mine out for the season, too.

Amber said...

So jealous! I gave up what would have been the perfect place to read and nap to my husband! It's now his "sports" room. Boo. Next time I'll rethink that! ;)

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I love all the lightness. The little painting on the side table is adorable.

chris said...

Hi there, I am a new follower and I love the cream colored side table. Did you paint it or buy it that way? I would love to know the color.

Thanks!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

VEry nice!!!!

VICTORIA BELLOW said...

Gosh Love it!Bed is so elegant and Chic..Love all the Lightness as well as the color scheme of the bedroom..So inviting and calming!Beautifully Gorgeous!Love you Blog..thrilled to be your newest follower.Thanks

Denise Marie said...

I have a long way to go to be ready for the Master close-up. lol Love yours. I got a chaise lounge from O.com for my birthday. You can see my Nate lounging in it on my side-bar. :)