Thursday, December 10, 2009

Show and Tell at Heart and Home

Hello everyone! I'm feeling very festive today,  after finally having all the decorating done, (well, almost, just one more wreath to decorate!) the packages mailed, and eight different types of cookies baked. That's such a relief, and yet I have more shopping to complete before I can really sit back and say I'm done! But, getting those boxes into the mail this afternoon made my day, and I felt a weight lift off my shoulders as I left the post office!

Well of course you knew I couldn't leave well enough alone yesterday! I went and fiddled with the mantel one more time. It just needed a bit of red, I think, to tie in to the decorations throughout the rest of the house. (Scroll down or click for Wednesday's post to view the mantel in the daylight!)





It's done now, honest!


I thought everything looked so pretty last night that I wanted to share my view from my favorite spot on the love seat in the living room.


Watching the angels and shepherds and three wise men go around and around can be very therapeutic after a hectic day! The spinning motion has a way of mesmerizing me - for a little while anyway.


With all the lights, and candles, and ornaments it's hard not to feel festive. Throw in some Christmas music (Bing Crosby!) a couple of home baked cookies, and maybe a nice glass of wine and you've got the makings of a perfect moment in which to sit a bit and contemplate the wonders of the universe, and the spirit of the season.


Except that I can't sit for long. I've still got to wrap all the gifts, and finish that wreath for the front door....
Maybe tomorrow?!

Thanks, Cindy, at My Romantic Home, for Show and Tell Friday! Thanks also to Amy, for Finer Things Friday at The Finer Things In Life.
Thanks, everyone for visiting! I hope you'll be back soon.
Until next time
XO
Heidi

13 comments:

Vicki said...

Hello, Heidi,
Your mantle looks very beautiful and romantic! Your tree is gorgeous with all of those lovely lights. You are putting me in the holiday spirit! Blessings to you! Vicki

Diann said...

Hi Heidi!

Love the mantel! Everything looks beautiful.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Heidi,
Everything looks so pretty, that tree is a wow! 8 kind of cookies! I am feeling like a slacker and need to get busy! Cindy

Hootin Anni said...

Love it....the warm, golden glow of the season.

Mine's posted now...it's another new one for my collection of Holiday Decor..La Befana

Claudia said...

Hi Heidi - everything looks just beautiful! Congratulations on getting those packages wrapped and in the mail!

xoxo
Claudia

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did good! Everything looks so pretty! I am a real slacker this year - hope to get some things done in next few days.

annies home said...

you have been quite busy the pictures are beautiful

JessieLeigh said...

I want to come sit on your love seat and have a nice glass of wine! :) It looks absolutely beautiful and festive. What a gorgeous way to welcome the Christmas season. Many blessings and thank your for your sweet comment! I enjoyed coming over to your "place" too.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Beautiful! I love your Christmas pyramid! I really don't need any more Christmas decor, but that is the one thing I'd love to have one of these days:)
Merry Christmas!

TQ said...

You've done a great job, everything looks wonderful and that shot of the tree is nothing-less-than breathtaking.

Thanks for sharing and have a GRAND weekend.

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Heidi; I really enjoyed your post, and your beautiful photos,, love your tree.... have a great weekend

Hugs;
Alaura

Beth @ The Quilt Ladies said...

Beautiful, great pictures.

Amy @ Finer Things said...

You are so on top of your holiday preparations. Impressive!