Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Heart and Home Dinner on the Deck

On a warm summer evening, it's nice to dine outside on the deck.



This is where we spend most of our time in the early morning, late afternoon and early evenings, and on the weekends with friends.
There's a spot to relax, read, and stretch out for a nap on the little wicker couch.

But mostly we like to come out here to eat! Mr. H&H fires up the old fashioned charcoal barbeque and I prepare the rest of our meal in the kitchen that's just on the other side of the french door.
For the table in the summer, I love the cool and refreshing color combination of blue, white and green.


It's nice to mix and match glassware, and fun to have a variety from which to choose.Candlelight is always right at my table, day or night! I love the patina on that copper hurricane.

A round table is cozy for four, and very cozy for six! When there are more of us, we bring out additional tables.
The view of the orchard and the redwoods, the cool clean air, and the sound of the fountain makes this one of our favorite spots to gather. In the evening, we dine under a constellation of glass globes and copper stars brought back with us from Mexico. They cast a warm and welcoming glow over our table, and with additional candlelight, create a festive mood that allows us to linger here well after darkness falls. Posted for Tablescape Thursday, at Between Naps on the Porch.
Until next time!
XO
Heidi

12 comments:

LillyB said...

This table is so beautiful! Mine was blue today too!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful table!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

This looks beautiful! Love the wicker!! I bet your flutes would make great bud vases too! Love the cobalt blue! Do I see Moravian stars hanging? Pretty!

Eileen said...

Great porch! I'd love to be sitting there!
And a very pretty table too! It's all so beautiful!
All the best,
Eileen

Sharlotte said...

I really like your table. You're right, mixing of the stemware is so pretty! It sounds like you get a lot of use from your porch, I would too! It's lovely!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your greens and blues - this is very refreshing - thanks for the share today.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty! I love the combination of colors! The glassware is fabulous!

Katherine

Sarah said...

This would be one of my favorite spots to gather as well. This is lovely with your refreshing blues and greens. Thanks for sharing!

Hope you'll stop by my place for a visit: http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

I'm toasting Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch in honor of her Blog Anniversary!

Bill said...

Hello, Heidi. Your table is beautiful, and so is the location! I agree that mixing glassware is far more interesting than matching!

I'm so pleased to have found your blog through Susan of BNOTP. Looking forward to checking out your older posts.

Hope your weekend goes well.

Bill @ Affordable Accoutrements

Blondie's Journal said...

Heidi,

I love your table!! The greens and blues looks so great together, especially outdoors!! I love the view you have, and as you said, if need be you can bring out more tables and you certainly have the room!! How fabulous!!

Love the candleight and the stemware doesn't have to match, it is a rare occassion that anything of mine matches! lol!! Truly, I love that look!!

Have a great week!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Debbie Pearson said...

Such a beautiful tablesetting and love the colors you used, beautiful blue fluted champagne glasses, love them!

Pinky said...

I am so happy I found your blog! AND that I could subscribe via e-mail. I will be following you happily now! XO, Pinky