Monday, December 21, 2009

A Heart and Home Christmas




Greetings, my Blogging Friends! Today I want to share a few more of my holiday decorations, and a little bit of the ultimate transformation!  You all remember this guy, don't you?

*

As a refresher, here's some of his story:




*It was quarter past dawn...
All the Whos still a-bed
All the Whos, still a snooze
When he packed up his sled
Packed it up with their presents! The ribbons! The wrappings!
The tags! And the Tinsel! The trimmings! The trappings!

Three thousand feet up! Up the side of Mount Crumpit,
He rode to the tip top to dump it!
"Pooh-pooh to the Whos!"  he was grinch-ish-ly humming.
"They're finding out now that no Christmas is coming!
They're just waking up! I know just what they'll do!
Their mouths will hang open a minute or two
Then all the Whos down in Who-ville will all cry BOO-HOO!"





"That's a noise", grinned the Grinch,
That I simply must hear!"
So he paused. And the Grinch put a hand to his ear.
And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low. Then it started to grow...



But the sound wasn't sad!
Why, this sound sounded merry!
It couldn't be so!
But it WAS merry! VERY!



He stared down at Who-Ville!
The Grinch popped his eyes!
Then he shook!
What he saw was a shocking surprise!





Every who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
was singing! Without any presents at all!





He HADN'T Stopped Christmas from coming!
IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!




And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling: How could it be so?












It came without ribbons! It came without tags!

It came without packages, boxes or bags!"




And he puzzled three hours, til his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas perhaps...means a little bit more!"



*

Wishing you all peace, love, and happiness, and the true meaning of Christmas.

Until next time
XO
Heidi





*Thank you, Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess to you and me.)
For more holiday decor, go here, here, or here.

Remember to go check out these other sites:
 Kimba, at A Soft Place to Land DIY day.
Three or More Tuesday,  Tam at The Gypsy's Corner
Thanks to Susan, A Southern Daydreamer, For Outdoor Wednesday (indoors for the holidays!)
Thank you, ladies!

19 comments:

Sharlotte said...

I love your collection of angels and nutcrackers! Your home is so festive! Merry Christmas!

Keetha Broyles said...

Ah, you too have a collection of "kings!" And I don't see even ONE that we both have alike!

Merry Christmas!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Love your tree and your story. Cute.

Maggie said...

Your angel, santa & nutcracker collections are wonderful.
Merry Christmas from Normandy.
Maggie

Carrie said...

Delightful post...thank you for sharing such holiday beauty!
Merry Christmas,
Carrie
My link: http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2009/12/advent-calendars.html

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE your Christmas decor!!!
ENJOY!

Light and Voices said...

Merry Christmas! Your Christmas decorations are lovely. I especially enjoyed seeing your collection of nutcrackers.
Joyce M

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Lovely Christmas decorations. Everything looks fantastic.

Great composition that graces your lovely photos. Happy Holidays.

My name is Riet said...

What a lovely post Heidi and I love your collections. Beautiful
Happy Holidays to you and your family
Riet

Hootin Anni said...

Love, love, LOVE this post!!

I feel like Cindy Lou now for sure. And I'll take Max the dog home with me.

I have a Christmas wish along with my usual Wednesday post today. [the Wednesday issue of posting is below my 'card' posted just for you....]

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY.

...for the permalink to my day's post, click here.

Reginas Cottage said...

dear heidi
what a loveley post and your christmas decoration is a dream.i love your sweet santas!!!
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!!
Frohe Weihnachten,
Herzliche Grüße,Regina

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love your Christmas home decors.

Please come and see my Outdoor post. Merry Christmas.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely Christmas decorations, your home looks very festive. Merry Christmas!

Charity said...

How lovely it all is. I hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Beautiful post, Heidi! I love all your pics too, it looks magical at your house. Thank you so much for that sweet note. I have loved connecting with bloggers like you too. And decorating and home bring us all together. Merry Christmas to you & yours. xoxo

Sonia said...

Merry Christmas...your post is just beautiful and your home is truly gorgeous! Happy New Years! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

vignette design said...

Just stopped by to say hi and enjoyed seeing your home all decorated for Christmas. --Delores

Barb said...

Hi Heidi, your decorations are wonderful. I just love them all! Come over and visit with me.

Happy New Year.....God bless!

Barb ♥

Rue said...

This was so cute Heidi! Your home looked lovely for Christmas :)

rue