Monday, August 10, 2009

Heart and Home Collections: Seashells and Seaglass

Today, I'm sharing my collection of bits and pieces from the shore. I keep everything in great big zip-lock baggies until it's time to bring them out for air. Then they all go into bowls, into vases, onto shelves and anywhere else I can think of to display them. Some of them still have sand on them!


I love how all this "stuff" reminds me of the great walks I've had along the coast near my home: early in the morning, bundled up against the morning fog with my pooch little Miss Maggie, mid-afternoon for a de-stresser during a hectic day, and early in the evening to cool off from the heat of a summer's day. I found that oval-shaped rock on a tiny beach on a walk during an Easter break. I thought it looked just like an Easter egg! I've had it for over 10 years.


Around here, the best time to explore the shore is during the Fall, when the tourists have gone home and we have all the beaches to ourselves. The weather is perfect then, and it feels like the sand and waves belong only to us. (See our day at the beach
here.)

I found most of the sea glass in the winter, after the rough storm waves wash all sorts of things up on shore. I collect it with gratitude for the little things in life that make me smile.



Vases don't always have to hold flowers. I thought the sea glass and stones looked so pretty in this one. And I don't have to remember to water them!
Until next time
XO
Heidi

No comments: