Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Favorite Things -At Heart and Home (part one)


Awhile ago, I looked around the house and was surprised to discover how much I've accumulated over the years. I try to sort through everything once in awhile and reduce.

I do get rid of things occasionally, but my efforts don't seem to have a very big effect. We have a lot of stuff! A Lot! The style around here is definitely not minimalist. Also, I do love to shop!

A partial list of my favorite things to hunt for when I'm out and about:


Tiny birds, and found nests:




and most wonderful bits of sea glass:






paper mache' trays from the 40's, and bird houses:





Sweet little angels:


And lovely linens, candles and shells:




I enjoy finding new pieces to add to my collections, though I've never really thought of them as actual collections. They are just little things I love to use and display around my home, and I'm always thrilled when I find one at a great bargain.

Of course, I'm grateful for the abundance of open space and natural surroundings near our home. I'm lucky that I can go "shopping" in the yard, the fields, and the beaches where we live. It's very affordable, and the best kind of shopping, if you ask me.


Until next time!


XO


Heidi

7 comments:

Ruth said...

I do love your favorite things. The birds and nests, birdcage and linens and of course, sea glass. I have a collection of that, too.

I just came over from Lindsey's blog. I love the mosaic table.

Ruth

Brenda Pruitt said...

I sure wish I lived near a beach. I've so been wanting some sea glass! I like your pretties.
Brenda

Mary said...

Heidi...what lovely things you have accumulated! I'm with you...I enjoy being surrounded by prettiness all over the house. The birds, the sweet nest, lovely linens, the sea glass, all so colorful and inviting...wonderful post today!

Mary

Faded Charm said...

So glad you want to join in on "White Wednesday". CAn't wait to see more ofyour great stuff!

Take care,
Kathleen

alissa said...

what wonderful collections! really love the sea glass. i, too love to 'shop' our natural surroundings. last summer, found over a dozen of little bird egg shells. my favorite.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Beautiful!!! I think your favorite things just becme my favorite things...lol!!! I love the little angel sitting in the flowers...darling!!!

This is my first visit to your blog and I just love it!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Heidi; What a great post.. You have some lovely things.. the sea glass is so pretty. I am looking forward to a trip to the beach down by Charleston S.C. soon, so I hope to find some really great shells and maybe get lucky and find some sea glass... thanks for sharing..

Hugs;
Alaura