Wednesday, September 16, 2009

(Re)Starting the Morning at Heart and Home

On some early mornings, especially the gray, misty ones, there's nothing better than heading back downstairs, to spent a little quiet "me" time after everyone else has left the house for the day.


I've fixed myself a tray for a light breakfast,


I'll fill it up with all the essentials to keep me comfortable for the next few hours: hot tea, soft-boiled egg, croissant, fresh fruit, and of course a flower from the garden.

 




                       
The lace-edged napkin, table runner, and silk place mat make me feel pretty important this morning!
I'll relax against the small silk pillow and the overstuffed, lavender toile bolsters and pillows - they help make a cozy spot even more comfortable.
This is a lovely way to start the day!
I'm going to snuggle in, enjoy my breakfast, and then get down to the serious business of re-reading one of my favorite books:
I'll enjoy this tranquil few hours, until it's time to join the real world again, and start in with the day's chores.

Unless, of course I decide to turn out the light and take a little nap.....
(You can see my other favorite spot to take a little nap here.)


Thank you for stopping by! I'm happy to be participating in Tablescape Thursday at BNOTP. I hope you'll come see me again, soon.
Until next time,
XO
Heidi

20 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your tray is lovely and the resting spot looks inviting...turn off the light and take a nap! Enjoy!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Oh, what a wonderful place to just lie back and read. Your tray is just lovely.

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

What a heavenly idea, time to yourself. Enjoy it.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Signing Out said...

Ooh, I would love to have a day of rest in that room! It's so cozy and relaxing.

Jane

ellen b said...

Oh how lovely! I really like that sweet napkin ring!!

Unknown said...

Awwww better than Calgon to take you away

Deanna said...

Very pretty and relaxing.
Love the purple,
d

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

I can envision how fabulous it would be to be able to relax in that terrific setting with the pretty tray filled with goodies! Aaahhh...

DD

Rettabug said...

I ♥ your little teapot napkin ring!! What a relaxing vignette you've created...I can feel my blood pressure dropping from just looking at it. Great way to start the day!

Martha said...

What a great breakfast table. You now have me wanting a boiled egg for breakfast! But, alas, not in bed!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a great "trayscape" Several of us were "nesting" with cozy trays this week -- This looks quite delightful.

Maureen said...

Ahhhh! So luxurious! You deserve to be pampered!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Now that's most assuredly my kind of meal!
Brenda

jninecostumes said...

That is a beautiful cozy spot! The purple and lavender are my favorite. Thanks for sharing before you lost yourself in a good book.

Blondie's Journal said...

What an elegant and comfortable place to have your breakfast, read and doze a bit! I became drowsy reading! I love rainy days just for this reason!! ;-)

Your tray is so pretty with the beautiful place mat and lace napkin. I love the tea pot napkin ring. Everything is lovely, Heidi!!

Happy tablescaping!!

xoxo
Jane

The Old Parsonage said...

What a peaceful spot! and breakfast looks wonderful I love soft-boiled eggs.

Thanks for visiting last week, I appreciate it.Come back soon!
Leann

nannykim from spindle cottage said...

Great idea...love it. Nicely done. That is also one of my favorite books. I gave a copy to my daughter too!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your pictures....and what a great idea...Had a free night to blog hop and enjoyed yours. Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...There is a great giveaway that I will draw for on Oct 1st and all you need to do to enter is comment. Hope you have a great weekend.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Pinky said...

You have inspired me to make a spot like this for myself! I love to read and need a quiet, sweet place like this. LOVE the teapot napkin ring too! Your linens are so pretty! XO, Pinky PS, please stop over to see my table too!

Jane said...

What a lovely setting! Not only is the tray inviting, the book is one of my favorites.
I truly like that you are treating yourself to this special moment. So often we forget to do that...
Jane (artfully graced)