Thursday, April 15, 2010

Heart and Home and Sweet Birthday Blossoms

Hello my friends, I hope you're having a great day. Thanks for stopping by! 



I had a lovely surprise in the garden the other day. After all the rain and the trauma of the falling tree (which has now been reduced to a pile of cut up stumps and some split logs at the side of our house) I haven't spent much time in my garden. I did manage to get some pots planted for my side deck, but still have a lot to do to catch up with the Spring planting. I love it when I can sit on the deck and enjoy all the different, colorful blooms trailing up and over the edges of their containers. But for now, there aren't many flowers out there, and I am content gazing at the green, tree-covered hills that surround our home.

I was so happy when I discovered these pale pink Cecil Brunner roses blooming on the vine which covers the trellis near our front door! (That's it up there in my blog header.)  I'm considering these an early birthday present (mine's on Saturday!), and because I can't have a party with you I'll share these two little roses instead.




Aren't they just perfect? What a welcome surprise after all this wet weather. Everything else is so beat down and sad looking, and the daffodils have already stopped blooming. All that's left of them is their long green stems and leaves, which I need to braid down into bundles to tidy up the flower beds.


These beauties are teeny-tiny, only the size of quarter, with just the slightest rose scent. In all my rushing around I might have missed them, since I wasn't expecting to see anything blooming out there for quite awhile.



I'm glad I noticed them. This is a good example of why I should "stop to smell the roses" more often! They brought joy to my day, and I want to spread some of that joy to you.


"Light pink roses, or the pale pink rose, sends a message of joy, gladness, admiration, grace and sweetness. Pink roses, or a single pink rose, in general, conveys and expressess happiness and gracefulness" (from Rose Gardening Made Easy) - I'm happy to share some of that gladness and grace with you -  and the feeling of delight I get when I see a rose blooming in my garden.

Have a great day! Your comments make mine, so I hope you'll remember to leave one! And a reminder that Friday is the last day to enter the drawing over at Kelee's place the Katillac Shack, so go check it out. You'll be so glad you did!

Until next time,
XO
Heidi

Linking to Show and Tell at Cindy's  and Pink Saturday with Beverly. Thank you, ladies!

23 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Your roses are just beautiful and I love the arbor!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Heidi, those are so pretty even if they are small. I hope I have some roses soon on a little bush that I thought I had dug up and got rid of. It kept getting full of insects and part of the root must have been left in the ground and it came back!

cjvierow said...

Heidi, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have some fun plans for this Saturday. I love the Cecil Brunner rose--so petite and such a beautiful soft pink. I had one when I lived in California--I'm pretty sure it won't survive in Zone 4 though. I'll have to check again. Thanks so much for sharing and bringing back a nice memory. CJ

Glenda/MidSouth said...

They may be small, but are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing them with us. I have never had any luck growing roses. Have a great weekend.

Cindy said...

I thought that looked like a Cecil Brunner rose at the top of your blog! I had one but I had to take it out because it was just too big for my tiny backyard. I figured since it had small flowers that it would be a smaller plant...boy was I wrong!! They are so pretty though. I replaced it with an Eden rose which has much bigger flowers but less mass!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

BEautiful flowers...
Stop by for a visit...just leave a comment on any of the last few posts on either blog and you are eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $100 GIFT BASKET! I am going to draw Friday night.....

Olga Poltava said...

Oh, these tiny roses are so beautiful and they smell heavenly, too. I have the same one in my gardent too, but I had no idea it's called Cecil Brunner. I'll keep that in mind; it will be useful when I need to look up some info on how to care for rose bush.
Lovely pictures. Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend.

vignette design said...

It is Cecile Brunner month! Mine are just bursting open more and more every day, except my arbor which doesn't get as much sun. Happy early birthday Heidi! Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend enjoying your special day!

Heidi said...

Our roses just started blooming last week, and they smell so wonderful!!! My girls keep picking them, so we have a bowl full of rose "heads" on our table. Happy birthday saturday!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

beautiful roses! just look at the petals.. very soft and delicate ones!

Carolyn said...

Your roses are beautiful! Isn't it great to be able to go out to the garden and pick a pretty bouquet.

Carolyn

Susan Freeman said...

Pink roses are my favorite!! Yours are lovely!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Unknown said...

Roses love them all. The pink ones are so delicate and Chic.

Happy Pink Saturday

Hugs
Charo

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

So pretty!

KarenB said...

Well, Happy Birthday tomorrow! Mine is a week from Monday. Aren't April birthday's just the best. I've always loved April. Your roses are beautiful. Mine have just started popping out this week. In fact, I need to head out and take some pictures. Yours are beautiful! Have a lovely birthday weekend.

Karen

Gypsy Heart said...

Heidi, the roses are so pretty! I absolutely love having fresh flowers in my house so I can only imagine the joy you must feel. Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

xoxo
Pat

Dianna said...

Beautiful flowers. It's that time of year when we get to wash away winter and watch everything bloom around us.

Tracy F. said...

So pretty! I think their small size makes them very special. And, I love your arbor, too.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

What a beautiful arbor and those roses are so pretty! I am very partial to roses...how lovely to have them growing on your arbor to welcome you up to your front door!! Hugs!

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday, your roses are just beautiful, the prettiest shade of pink, your arbor is just lovely. Please stop by and see me.

Ginger
glitter and roses

Kelee Katillac said...

Gorgeous Heidi! Don't you love it when after the destruction comes new beauty? Nature is amazing...

lose a tree and the rose spring forth to bring hope.....

love you!

kelee

Sonia said...

Heidi,

Those are so sweet and pretty..I love soft pink and I bet they smell lovely..my knockout roses are just starting to bud and should be blooming anyday!! I can't wait! Have a great weekend.

Miss Bloomers

Denise Marie said...

Simply divine, Heidi!! I love the sweet soft color.

The shuttle is scheduled to enter Earth's atmosphere over the central Pacific Ocean at 8:17 a.m. EDT and should be visible over Montana about a half hour before landing.

hope you get a peek at it.